Levels of Membership
Enserva offers different levels of membership, depending on organization type. Read on to learn more.
Membership – Join Today
Core Membership is open to companies that derive their revenue from providing services, supplies or manufacturing to the upstream sector of Canada’s energy industry.
Core Member companies with operations in Alberta must also hold, or be actively working towards, a Certificate of Recognition (COR) (link to COR page under HS&E], awarded from Alberta Workplace Health & Safety and its certifying partners. View the Core Member Benefits brochure [link to brochure on website], or visit Energy Safety Canada for details on the COR program.
Core Membership is divided into two categories:
- Core Members are companies whose business during the preceding accounting year was at least 50 percent (by dollar sales volume) that of a service, supply or manufacturing company providing or selling services, supplies or manufactured goods to the upstream energy industry in Canada.
- Associate Core Members are companies whose business during the preceding accounting year was between 10 and 49 percent (by dollar sales volume) that of a service, supply or manufacturing company providing or selling services, supplies or manufactured goods to the upstream energy industry in Canada. Associate Core Members are not eligible to sit on the Enserva’s Board of Directors.
Affiliate Membership – Join Today
Affiliate Membership is open to any company not qualifying for Core Membership, but holding an interest in the Canadian energy industry, including financial and investment institutions, accounting and law firms, energy producers, consultants, media and other industry suppliers.
Affiliate Membership is divided into the following categories:
- Introductory: This category is for energy service, supply and manufacturing companies, established in Canada, that have a portion of their operations serving the upstream energy industry in Canada but that may or may not yet have their COR / SECOR or Enserva Board of Directors-approved alternate program and who would like to learn more about the activities of the Association before becoming a Core or Associate Core Member. Note: This membership category is available only to companies that have never held Enserva membership at any level.
- Alternative Energy: This category is for Canadian energy service, supply and manufacturing companies whose business is primarily in a non-petroleum segment of the energy production industry in Canada, and that are interested in collaborating with the Association and Core Group Members to provide and ensure responsible energy development and security in Canada. Companies which qualify as Alternative Energy Members do not qualify for membership at other Core Group Membership levels.
- Business Partner: This category is open to organizations and companies with a commercial interest in the oil and gas industry but that do not qualify for Core Group membership.
- Government, Municipal, Academic: This category is open to governments and organizations that have no commercial interest in the energy industry but have an interest in the sector and the information and data it can provide including, but not limited to, PSAC’s Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast.
- Association This category is open to Associations representing a segment of the energy industry that would like to share information, collaborate on issues and initiatives for mutual benefit and / or reciprocate on membership and / or member pricing.
- International This category is open to organizations with no Canadian office / Canadian operations but that have a commercial interest in the oil and gas industry.
Affiliate Members receive a range of Association benefits, including:
- Current information and insight on issues important to energy service, supply and manufacturing industry members, through Enserva’s regular publications.
- Access to Enserva’s core members at seminars, luncheons, conferences and special events.
- Members-only preferred rates for top-quality market analysis and research documents, including the annual Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast and Well Cost Study, and for participation in Enserva events. [link to Events page]
- Individual company promotion in Enserva’s online Membership Directory.